1.Don’t go to the gym if you are sick!! No one wants to pick up your germs while they are at the gym. Keep your germs to yourself please. But if you have to go to the gym even though you are suck please make sure you wipe down the machines to sanitize them.
2. Don’t hog the cardio machine. Limit your cardio time to 20 – 30 minutes so other people can use the treadmill, elliptical and or bike. Other people have busy lives too you know
3. Don’t focus on other people in the gym, focus on just yourself. I know people like to look at each other in the gym. You might see some hot girl and your brain starts thinking let’s go flirt with her. Well you should be just focus on yourself. Don’t worry about how much someone is lifting compared to you. Just focus on your workout. Just another friendly tip don’t be a creepy guy by going up to a random girl in a gym and start trying to flirt with her.
4. Don’t wear fashion cloths to a gym. I know a lot of people are into fashion these days. However, there is a time and a place to wear fashionable clothes. You should not wear baggy pants, nearly topless tank-top, high heeled shoes and or flip flops to a gym. You may look good in them but leave that stuff at home. If you don’t you might have regrets later after your nice clothes gets stuck on machines.
5. Smell decent when you go to the gym. I don’t know how many times I went to my gym and each time I walk past someone who has not worked out yet smells so bad. There was one time I was on the elliptical when I was in my zone listening to music. There was this girl who was in her zone who was one elliptical over from me. All of a sudden this guy decided to take the middle elliptical in between both of us, I was like what gives? Do you have to be right on top of me? Of course I didn’t say any of that, but he smelled so bad and I had to to a different machine. Please don’t be like this guy.
6. Keep your advice to yourself. Unless you are a personal trainer do not give advice to people in a gym. Because for you know you could be giving advice that might hurt someone. You do not want that do you?
7. Don’t fill up a giant water bottle at the water fountain. Don’t be the type of person that comes to the gym with a 48 oz water bottle. You will hold up people who want to get a drink and plus you will be wasting a lot of water. You will also be wasting their workout time.
8. Keep your gym back in a locker. Don’t keep your back at your feet while you workout keep in in the locker. That is why most gyms have locker rooms. Just a FYI don’t use your gym bag to hold gym equipment for yourself. That is just plain rude. Sharing is caring!!
9. Don’t block the weight rack. It is fine if you like to watch yourself lifting weights in the mirrors, but you are also blocking the weight rack for people who want to use the dumbbells or put back the dumbbells.
10. Don’t be noisy at the gym. No one wants to hear you while you have a long political argument on the phone with your friend while you are at the gym. Please don’t make grunting noises like a bull. No one wants to hear that noise.
11. Don’t read while you workout. First off let me just say you came to a gym to workout, there is no need for a book. It is not a library. So no time to catch up in your book for book club. Plus if you are reading while you are working out you are taking away from your exercise. There should only be a short break not a whole 10 seconds. Push the limits and feel the burn!!!
12. Don’t hog the equipment. You know how I just said don’t hog the equipment? If not let me give you a refresher. Do not hog the equipment!! Putting a towel or a water bottle next to a machine doesn’t mean you have rights to keep it all for yourself. First come, first serve. That’s how it should be.
13. Unload your weight bar. No one should have to pick up after you at the gym. The gym staff shouldn’t have to unload the weights that you were using on the weight bar. Put the weights back yourself.
14. Always put dumbbells back. Always out the dumbbells back when you are done so another person can use them. Don’t leave the gym like a mess. If you did that in my gym I would kick you out.
15. Always wipe down the equipment that you used. Please make sure that you wipe down your equipment that used at the gym, so no one gets sick. It is the polite thing to do.
Have you been guilty of breaking these rules? Do you know anyone who break these rules? Which of these rules that people break in the gym frequently that annoy you? Let me know in the comments below. I want to hear your thoughts.